Monday, November 11, 2013
Prayers for Faith
Today was a rough reminder for me. As we approach 20 weeks of pregnancy tomorrow, I can't even express how blessed and grateful I am to have come this far. God certainly has exceeded my prayers in this, and I have faith that He will carry us till the end.
Our check up today was good. Baby continues to grow normally and her heartbeat is great. Emotionally, I was shaken though, as I received a reminder of how hard this will be as the risks continue to be laid out for me to ponder and decide on. Hearing the numbers and statistics of the already small population of people with my condition, and the even smaller number of them who got pregnant is a bit scary. So today kind of stunk in that aspect, and needless to say I was an emotional wreck most of the day.
But as I sit here tonight and ponder the things that have been brought up today, and then ponder the things that have gotten me this far (faith and a ridiculous amount of prayer), I realize nothing has changed but the numbers being set before me. The statistics were always there, whether I fully knew them or not, but I'm still doing great. And though I'm emotionally shaken, I need to keep the faith.
I need to remember that there is a reason God put us down this path. He has blessed us fully with this opportunity. Why should I doubt because the numbers are suddenly presented? I have always known my risks, and those risks haven't changed. My health is the same. Our little girl is doing wonderfully and I still have the support system I've had all along. God is good, and He intends good from this no matter the outcome for me.
I continue to covet your prayers and ask that you help Mark and I to remember God's goodness and will throughout this journey. God is bigger than numbers and health concerns. He will bless and be blessed through this. Thank you for your prayers for our family. We can't owe you enough for them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Ashley, the doctors told us our son Jake, who was born just before 25 weeks at 1 lb. 11 1/2 oz., had only about a 10% chance of living and having no medical problems. Well, he is perfect and totally beat the odds. Don't listen to the statistics! You have come so far. Listen to your heart and keep your faith!
ReplyDelete