Wednesday, August 7, 2013
Prayers for Peace
Well, it certainly has been a long and nerve-racking week for us.
Over the weekend I had some light spotting, which is not always a huge concern, but is always a good idea to get checked out. Since it wasn't severe, we waited to call the doctor on Monday, in hopes they would get us right in and get things figured out, but since there was no openings, they told us to go straight to the emergency room.
Long story short, after 6 hours of poking and prodding, we did get to see our little "bean" in there, and things looked good, but the spotting was still persisting. Maybe not as much as the weekend, but it was still there after all was said and done. The baby looks smaller than expected, but that could be because we are actually further behind than we thought (4 weeks instead of 6).
I had a follow up with our actual doctor on Tuesday, whom I haven't even met yet, and he did warn us that this could be the beginnings of a miscarriage. Not that it for sure would be, but that it could be. Words I didn't really want to hear, but are reality.
The rest of this week will consist of blood work to make sure my hormone levels are still climbing to ensure that this is not a miscarriage. I have blood taken today, and we hope to know more by Friday.
Waiting is tough, and not knowing what is going on is even tougher. I just ask for some hefty prayers for us and the baby this week. Nothing is certain, but God is, and that's all we need.
Pray for peace of mind, for good outcomes, and for the baby's health. Thank you all so much!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Prayers for you and Mark. Keep hoping.
ReplyDeletelove you brother and sister. praying for you and the little one! Angela is too!
ReplyDelete