Thursday, August 15, 2013

The Blessing of Sickness

Today has been a struggle in the "morning" sickness area. All day has been a sudden urge to run to the bathroom. Though those feelings are very uncomfortable and just are inconvenient at best, they are a wonderful reminder of the growing baby I carry. Even though the feelings are tough to cope with at times, I feel blessed to have the reminder and know this is part of the process.
However, I must say that I don't understand where the term "morning" sickness came from. This is really an anytime, anywhere sickness. All I have to do is think about something unappealing and suddenly I debate running to the nearest bathroom. I smell someone's perfume, think about meat, or just sip water and I could just lose it right there. This whole week I've lived on crackers and easy mac just because those are the things that don't trigger it, although the easy mac is beginning to get gagging affects.
Thanks for your continued prayers! This week is certainly better than last week, sickness and all. God is truly working a miracle. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment